Top Review by Missy Wombat
I found that there was too much water with the polenta and I could not get it to set despite following the instructions. The mushroom gravy was very yummy though. Big hit all around especially with my 3 year old.
- 1 1⁄4 liters water
- 250 g coarse polenta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the polenta by bringing the water to the boil in a wide saucepan.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and sprinkle on the polenta a handful at a time, stirring continuously using a wooden spoon.
- Once the polenta has been added, turn down the heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Tip out and put onto a wet tray and spread to about 1 to 1.5cm thick.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into squares and cook on a oiled heavy based saucepan or BBQ until browned.
- Dish onto serving plates and serve with mushroom gravy.
- To make mushroom sauce, melt butter in a frypan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and toss well and cook until lightly browned and tender.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes; tip in the cream and add 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cook till creamy then add parsley and serve.