Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, a quick side dish from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon, perfect for 2-quart Pressure Frypan or larger. Good with pork.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 5 stalks swiss chard, leafy greens coarsely chopped and stalks chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 2-quart Pressure Frypan, heat butter over medium-high heat and saute onion until transparent.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add polenta, stir well.
- Add Swiss chard, stirring continuously.
- When contents boil, close lid and reduce heat. If pressure does not immediately begin to rise, uncover and try again.
- Bring pressure to first red ring (low pressure) over medium heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at first red ring. Cook for 9 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Cold Water Release Method (or quick release method favored by your manufacturer).
- Transfer polenta to an ovenproof serving dish.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese.
- Evenly spread tomato paste over the top of the cooked polenta.
- Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese and bake in a 375 degree oven until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 2 minutes before serving.