Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've made these several times, and they're quite tasty! You can either use your own cooked polenta or commercially packaged cooked polenta, whichever you prefer.
- 4 large red bell peppers, suitable for stuffing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 roma tomatoes, diced small
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 3 drops balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked polenta or 1 (1 lb) packagepre-cooked polenta
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside; set aside.
- Saute the garlic, green onion, and zucchini in the oil over medium heat until the zucchini starts to soften; add the tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper, and heat for 5 minutes.
- While that's cooking, if you're using commercially packaged cooked polenta remove it from the packaging and briefly microwave for 2 to 3 minutes to soften.
- Stir the cooked polenta and cumin into the vegetable mixture until well incorporated, then removed from the heat and stir in the mozzarella.
- Fill the peppers with the polenta mixture and sprinkle each with a tablespoon of Parmesan and a dash paprika.
- Bake on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until pepper has reached desired texture.
- Makes 4-6 servings (if you cut'em in half).