1/1 Photo of Polenta Rounds With Black-Eyed Pea Topping
A great appetizer or first course that will tickle your taste buds! Adapted from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package refrigerated sun-dried tomato polenta, cut into 6 even slices
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1Cook polenta rounds in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- 3Wipe pan with paper towel, spray with cooking spray, and cook peas and next 4 ingredients over medium heat 3 minutes or until water evaporates.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and 3 tablespoons cilantro.
- 5Spoon warm black-eyed pea mixture over polenta rounds.
- 6top evenly with sour cream.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoons cilantro.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Rounds With Black-Eyed Pea Topping
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 363.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato polenta