Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Martha Stewart Living September 2006
Make and share this Polenta Quick Bread With Lemon and Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1⁄3 cup flour, plus more for pan
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme leave, plus
- fresh thyme sprig (to garnish)
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal (preferably stone-ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted, half coarsely chopped and half whole
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Dust with flour, and tap out excess; set aside.
- Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon zest; mix 1 minute.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice and thyme.
- Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chopped pine nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake until a pick inserted into center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Garnish with thyme.
I love this bread, come cooler weather I bake this all winter long. Thanks for posting thie recipe.