Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds lovely! The recipe comes from my 365 ways to cook low-fat cookbook.
Make and share this Polenta Pumpkin Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium saucepan, combine cornmeal, pumpkin, salt and nutmeg.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk and skim milk until mixture is smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Stir in butter.
- Spoon mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until casserole is firm on top and lightly golden.
Very tasty and comforting. Almost a winter holiday-ish taste, with the nutmeg. One note, I did have to double the amount of polenta/cornmeal going in, because the amount listed didn't set right. It went perfectly once i doubled that, however. Definitely a great meal, especially with a little cheese on top, and a salad on the side.