Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
If you've never had polenta, this is a great way to learn to love it. Can be used as a side dish or a main meal.
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded fontina or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can primavera pasta sauce or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained and warmed
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Slowly add cornmeal over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Stir in fontina cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for additional 2 minutes or until very thick.
- Spread into prepared pie plate; cool for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into wedges; serve topped with sauce or tomatoes. (I prefer sauce).