Recipe by Roosie
I have been scouring the net to try and find a cornmeal crust that imitates the one from Capital Creations Pizza in Raleigh, NC. This one doesn't follow the ingredients in their pizza, but definitely sounds interesting anyway. Recipe from www.melborponsti.com
Top Review by 1022853
My son works at Capital Creations and has for the last few years. I am gluten-free and I can't have their cornmeal crust because they use wheat flour in their crust as a binder. I am also vegan. I'm working on another version. Hope for the best!
- oil, to coat baking sheet or pizza pan
- 2 cups polenta (coarse cornmeal)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix polenta with the cold water.
- Add the boiling water in a slow stream, blending with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and mozzarella and mix well.
- Press mixture evenly onto greased baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake a few minutes to set slightly (about 5 minutes), top and bake 5-10 minutes more until lightly browned and crisp.