Recipe by Tish
A healthy vegetarian light meal...great for a picnic or light lunch or dinner
Top Review by MJean
Reading the recipe, I felt it would be a bit bland. I do not do WW..so added chopped turkey, carrots, onions and homemade Pesto...delicious. I do think, next time, I will cut back on the amount of polenta. It is a bit much I think.
- 1 ounce dried mushroom, about 2/3 cup,crumbled
- 2 cups hot water
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, two 10 oz packages,thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small roma tomato, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mushrooms and 1/2 cup hot water in a small bowl; set aside.
- Lightly coat bottom and sides of a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- Place broccoli in colander and squeeze out excess water; set aside.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups hot water, milk and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly drizzle in cornmeal, whisking constantly.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until polenta is as thick as mashed potatoes, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, mushrooms and their liquid, 3 tablespoons Parmesan and butter.
- Spread polenta mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle on tomato and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool at least 30 minutes, or serve at room temperature.