Recipe by Bergy
Personally I don't care for Polenta but this recipe is tolerable. I make it for my friends that like Polenta and they seem to love it. (How can one love Polenta?) It's better if you serve it with a very spicy tomato salsa.
Top Review by Riko HR
Very good recipe--our son is a picky eater but enjoys this polenta recipe. I excluded the nutmeg to make is more bland for our son. Used our favorite pasta sauce (Degrosso Tomato Basil) as topping which we also use as a sauce on our homemade pizza shells.<br/><br/>I used a whisk to strip in corn meal in boiling water--breaks up lumps very nicely.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 8 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1⁄2-6 ounces unsalted butter
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Gradually add cornmeal to the salted boiling water, stirring frequently so there are no lumps.
- When it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium, cook stirring frequently for 40 minutes.
- Stir in 5 oz of butter, 4oz grated parmesan and nutmeg.
- Pour polenta in an oven-proof pan cover with waxed paper and set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Dot with remaining butter and parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until top is brown and crispy.