Cook1 hr 10 mins
Personally I don't care for Polenta but this recipe is tolerable. I make it for my friends that like Polenta and they seem to love it. (How can one love Polenta?) It's better if you serve it with a very spicy tomato salsa.
- Gradually add cornmeal to the salted boiling water, stirring frequently so there are no lumps.
- When it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium, cook stirring frequently for 40 minutes.
- Stir in 5 oz of butter, 4oz grated parmesan and nutmeg.
- Pour polenta in an oven-proof pan cover with waxed paper and set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Dot with remaining butter and parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until top is brown and crispy.