Recipe by Prose
I threw this together one night when my husband and I needed an easy late dinner. It would make a lovely appetizer for 4 or entree for 8. Would be fun for kids! Substitute any toppings you like for the olives and mushrooms.
- 1 lb prepared polenta (tube)
- 14 ounces pizza sauce (squeeze bottle)
- 8 ounces soy cheese, shredded (I recommend Vegan Gourmet mozzarella)
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice polenta into thin rounds. Place 1/2" apart on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Bake for 2-5 minutes or until slightly more firm.
- Squeeze sauce onto center of each polenta round. Spread with spoon or knife.
- Sprinkle soy cheese onto each round.
- Top each round with one mushroom slice and one olive slice (or toppings of your choice.).
- Bake for 10 minutes, then place under broiler for 2 minutes to melt soy cheese.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and crushed red pepper, if desired.