1/1 Photo of Polenta Mini Pizzas
This is a tasty snack or lunch that I came up with after reading the suggestion on the back of a polenta tube. This is how I made it, but you could also use mozzarella in place of the ricotta, add some pepperoni, etc. These would also make really cute appetizers.
My Private Note
mini pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Heat olive oil on griddle or in frying pan on medium/medium high.
- 3Slice polenta into six 1/2 inch rounds.
- 4Fry polenta according to package directions. If there are no directions for frying, fry 5 minutes per side.
- 5Remove from griddle/pan, and place on a baking sheet. Prepare each slice like you would a pizza, layering 1 tablespoon pasta sauce, a basil leaf, 1 tablespoon ricotta, then 1 teaspoon parmesan. Broil 2-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- 6Note: Be careful when removing from the oven, especially if you're using a flat baking sheet. The polenta likes to slide around! Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Mini Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 341.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.0 g