Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Traci made this and it was delicious! It's from the Every Day Rachel Ray magazine.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms, preferably cremini
- 2 tubes prepared polenta, 18 oz each, sliced crosswise into 1/3-inch rounds
- 8 -10 ounces goat cheese or 8 -10 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup jarred marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the spinach, season with salt and cook for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and wring the towel to squeeze out the liquid.
- Chop the spinach and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Working in batches, fry the polenta rounds until golden, about 5 minutes per side.
- Line the bottom of a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with half the fried polenta.
- In a bowl, combine the reserved spinach and the goat cheese.
- Spread half the cheese mixture over the polenta in the baking dish.
- Scatter the mushrooms and red pepper on top.
- Cover with the remaining polenta rounds.
- Top with the remaining cheese mixture, the artichokes, mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Bake until the mozzarella melts, about 15 minutes.
- Let set for 15 minutes before serving.