Polenta with anything is wonderful! This is from Cooking Light, October 2005.
Make and share this Polenta Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup ground turkey, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- italian seasoning, to sprinkle
- 1 (16 ounce) package polenta, cut into 18 slices
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spoon 1/2 cup marinara sauce into an 8" square baking dish to cover bottom, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sausage; cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, garlic and Italian seasononing; saute 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add marinara sauce; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Arrange 9 polenta slices over marinara in baking dish, and top evenly with half of vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over vegetable mixture; arrange remaining polenta over cheese.
- Top the polenta with remaining vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with a nice Chianti or other robust red wine.