1/2 Photos of Polenta Lasagna
1 hr 25 mins
Polenta with anything is wonderful! This is from Cooking Light, October 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup ground turkey, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- italian seasoning, to sprinkle
- 1 (16 ounce) package polenta, cut into 18 slices
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Spoon 1/2 cup marinara sauce into an 8" square baking dish to cover bottom, and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- 5Stir in sausage; cook 2 minutes.
- 6Add mushrooms, zucchini, garlic and Italian seasononing; saute 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- 7Add marinara sauce; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 8Arrange 9 polenta slices over marinara in baking dish, and top evenly with half of vegetable mixture.
- 9Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over vegetable mixture; arrange remaining polenta over cheese.
- 10Top the polenta with remaining vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- 11Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 12Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- 13Let stand 5 minutes.
- 14Serve with a nice Chianti or other robust red wine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 717.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: