Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light. This looks so easy!
Top Review by Little_Sister
First time to cook or eat polenta. Trying to find things to replace potato or rice dishes since just found out hubby is allergic to both. We were both quite happy with this one. I did use whole 15 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce instead of 1/3 cup as stated. Seemed to work well
- 1 (16 ounce) package polenta, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup Classico Alfredo with sun dried tomatoes (such as Classico)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Arrange polenta slices in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, allowing slices to overlap.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and salt. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in Alfredo sauce and basil.
- Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over polenta. Top with cheese. Bake at 500° for 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated.