Recipe by Mortadella1985
found this on a blog called for the love of food.I changed it around a bit to suit my taste.These are sooo yummy. I like to dip them in sauce.
- polenta, ready made in a tube
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cornstarch
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut your polenta into thick sticks and set them in the fridge until you are ready for them. Combine the dry ingredient and mix well. Then add the water and mix well so that there are no lumps.The consistency of the batter should be a little thinner than pancake batter.
- Heat up your dep fryer or skillet,which ever you prefer.
- Remove your polenta sticks from the fridge.
- Dip them into the batter then fry them until they reach a golden brown color.
- sprinkle with cheese as soon as they come out of the deep fryer.
- serve as an appetizer with tomatoe sauce.