Top Review by nathanboletta
I like the recipe but I tweaked it a bit. I cooked the base for the polenta for thirty minutes and then added chopped onion, tomatoes, ricotta, parmesan, and the spinach and baked for another 25 minutes. Turned out perfect.
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with seasonings (italian)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 2 quart oven-proof casserole with non-stick spray.
- Combine broth, water, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, cornmeal, and butter in the casserole; stir well.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, defrost spinach and thoroughly squeeze dry. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Drain tomatoes.
- Remove polenta from oven. Add spinach, tomatoes, ricotta, and parmesan; stir well.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.