this simple recipe is from bon appetit 5/05
Make and share this Polenta Fig Cake recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 375. grease an 8" cake pan.
- beat yolks and sugar in a large bowl.
- in a saucepan bring milk, grappa, and salt to a boil, remove from heat.
- gradually add milk to egg mixture. return everything to the saucepan, add corn meal and whisk until thickened and beginning to bubble.
- add figs, raisins, nuts and fennel seeds to mixture, pour into the cake pan.
- bake 40 minutes until set and edges pull away from pan.
- cool 20 minutes in the pan, invert onto a plate, serve warm or at room temperature.