1/3 Photos of Polenta Fig Cake
1 hr 15 mins
this simple recipe is from bon appetit 5/05
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 375. grease an 8" cake pan.
- 2beat yolks and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3in a saucepan bring milk, grappa, and salt to a boil, remove from heat.
- 4gradually add milk to egg mixture. return everything to the saucepan, add corn meal and whisk until thickened and beginning to bubble.
- 5add figs, raisins, nuts and fennel seeds to mixture, pour into the cake pan.
- 6bake 40 minutes until set and edges pull away from pan.
- 7cool 20 minutes in the pan, invert onto a plate, serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Fig Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 94.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: