Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
crispy dumplings and spicy fruity curry great for putting a glow into you.
For the dumplings
- 250 g quick-cooking polenta
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
For the sambal
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 large red chile, sliced
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 50 g creamed coconut
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1⁄2 small pineapple, peeled and cored
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a pan and add the polenta. Stir for 3 - 4 mins then remove from heat and cool.
- Chop the pineapple and set aside.
- In a large pan heat the 1 tbsp oil and fry the onion until soft and golden. Add giner, garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, pineapple, 6 tbsp water and crumble in the coconut. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Shape the polenta into golf balls and heat the 2 tsp of oil and the butter. Fry the balls in batches until crispy and golden.
- Serve the dumplings with the sambal garnished with pineapple leaves if desired.