Recipe by ** Poppy **
Polenta croutons make an exciting canape for any party. The best bit about the canape is that it can be prepared a day or two in advance and simple assembled before serving them. You can add anything you like cheese, salad etc .The croutons can be frozen and simply defrosted for 30 minutes before reheating them.
- 300 g quick polenta
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs
- 50 g butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a flat baking tin with non-stick baking parchment or olive oil.
- Cook the polenta according to packet instructions.
- When it is done, stir in the Parmesan, dried herbs, butter, salt and pepper, making sure that it is adequately seasoned.
- While still hot, pour it out evenly to make a thin even layer, smoothing it out with the back of a wooden spoon or palate knife.
- Leave to cool completely, so that it is firm.
- Cut it with a small round pastry cutter (2inches/5cm).
- Place the polenta croutons in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.