Iain Hewitson is my favourite Australian chef, he serves these chips at his Melbourne resturant Tolarno's. Serve them as an appetiser or as a side dish -- great with sweet chilli sauce. Prep time doesn't include the overnight cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the garlic in the chicken stock until it is tender& set aside.
- 2Combine the polenta& 2 cups of the cold water, stir until mixed.
- 3Bring the other 2 cups of cold water to the boil in a large pot with the salt.
- 4Add the polenta mix and cook for 5 minutes, stirring vigoursly.
- 5Turn the heat down to low& cook for 30 minutes until mixture comes away from the sides.
- 6Chop the garlic very finely, then add to the polenta with the parmesan, stir until combined.
- 7Pour the mixture into an oiled baking tray& spread out to about 1/2 centimetre thick.
- 8Cool overnight.
- 9Cut into chips.
- 10Beat the eggs& milk together.
- 11Dust the chips in the flour, dip in the egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- 12Repeat this process until all the chips are crumbed.
- 13Heat the oil in a large pot until hot.
- 14Deep-fry the chips until they are golden brown.
- 15Drain well& serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta (Cornmeal) Chips
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2305.0
- Calories from Fat 2051
- Total Fat 227.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 466.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 16.6 g