Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy and delicious alternative to traditional bruschetta--especially for those of us who are allergic to wheat or gluten!
- Carefully unwrap polenta so as not to crumble it and slice the log into 12 even rounds.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil to a sauté pan and fry the polenta rounds until crisp. Flip the rounds and continue crisping the other side.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes into 12 thick slices and drizzle them with the balsamic vinegar.
- Remove the polenta slices from the pan and put them onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top each slice with a tomato, salt and pepper to taste, and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Once thoroughly heated, top the polenta stacks with a basil leaf and a slice of brie. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until brie melts. Serve immediately.
- Makes 12 appetizers or 4 - 6 light entrees.