1/1 Photo of Polenta Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
Clean Plate Club's Note:
Adapted from Eating Well Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, polenta, baking powder and salt.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla until well combined and frothy.
- 4Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 6Divide in half and shape each half into a log 12"x 2" wide.
- 7Carefully move logs onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes until the tops are almost firm to the touch.
- 9Remove and let cool on the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- 10While waiting, reduce the oven temperature to 300.
- 11Slice each log diagonally into about 1/2" slices using a serrated knife.
- 12Stand the biscotti up about 1/2" apart on the same baking sheet.
- 13Place back in the oven and bake until lightly colored and dry, another 20 to 25 minutes.
- 14Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g