Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are lemony and crunchy. I don't remember where I got the recipe from. It's scrawled on the back of an old electric bill envelope. I THINK it came from a mom at a PTA meeting many years ago... The size isn't hard and fast, but if you make the logs bigger your yield will be different.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, peel and juice and set aside.
- Mix flour, polenta, baking powder and salt thoroughly.
- Mix flour and egg mixtures and nuts.
- Shape into two logs about 2 inches by 14 inches and put on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or so till golden on edges.
- Cool 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into ¾-inch slices.
- Put back onto baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Turn over and bake another 20 minutes or so, until golden all over.
have made this many times now and it is the best, have made these chocolate,anise,lemon flavored..
I love this recipe! made it about twenty times and is always a hit. I choose not to bake twice. I have used limes and grapefruit as well as lemons. thanks for posting.