Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from a publication of my local supermarket. It is easy to make, not too sweet and very fruity. In summer you could easily adapt this by using different fruits and/or spices (peaches and vanilla e.g.).
- Wash and pit the plums and cut into eight pieces. Place in a greased oven-proof dish. Add the red fruit jelly or fruit respectively.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Divide the eggs. Cream egg yolks with butter, sugar and cinnamon. Add polenta, yogurt and milk.
- Beat the egg whites into peaks and fold into the polenta mixture.
- Pour on top of the fruit and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- After 25-30 minutes you might need to cover the dish for the rest of the baking time to prevent it from browning too much.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.
Great rustic pudding - I made this with fresh strawberries and apple and it worked out well. Only had brown sugar so it is a lovely colour and not to sweet. Would be perfect served with cream, ice cream or custard but good, as I sampled it, on its own too.
YUM! Where the fruit met the polenta stayed soggy but it was otherwise perfect. Given the time of year, there are no plums available. I drained a big can of pears & used a bag of frozen blueberries. My fruit hater LOVED this. Whipping the egg whites separately makes the batter special. I actually served this as a brunch dish. I can only imagine how spectacular this would be with fresh fruit! Made for you, VIP of the 11/09 Veg*n Swap!
what a different but delicious desert. Everyone loved it, i inhaled it