Breanna in T.O's Note:
This dish is perfect in the spring or summer when vegetables are plenty. It reminds me of a rustic dish you could get at a little Italian eatery. Don't be daunted by the long list of ingredients, the meal comes together quickly. I have a gluten allergy and the polenta satisfies any bread cravings I might have. The dish is also a great vegetarian option, but I swear it will make any carnivore happy :) The vegetables can also be done in the broiler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked instant polenta
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or oregano)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 8 scallions, trimmed
- 2 small eggplants, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium-sized heavy saucepan. Add polenta, whisking quickly to combine. Reduce heat to a medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until thick- about 3-5 minutes. Whisk in 1/3 cup Parmesan and season with the cayenne pepper and salt. Coat a 9" pie plate with cooking spray and pour the polenta into the prepared pie plate and smooth out the surface and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, heat grill (or broiler). Whisk together garlic, thyme, lemon juice, and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss vegetables with the dressing. Coat a grill basket (or cooking tray) with cooking spray and arrange vegetables. Grill vegetables until tender and slightly charred- about 3-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter.
- 3Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 4Heat broiler, sprinkle polenta with remaining Parmesan cheese. Broil polenta until golden brown- about 2-3 minutes, then slice into 8 pieces. Divide polenta among 4 plates. Top with vegetable, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta and Grilled Vegetables With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 1441.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: