Recipe by gailanng
If you have leftovers, serve the next day for lunch or breakfast and top with a fried egg. Creamy deliciousness with modifications from Bon Appetit and good enough to serve guests.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bacon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup polenta (NOT regular grits NOR cornmeal)
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese, packed
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, saute chopped bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in skillet and saute until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, corn and bacon; bring to boil. Gradually add cornmeal, whisking constantly. Cook until polenta is soft and thick, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Add Fontina and Parmesan, stirring until melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and red pepper.