Recipe by Chef 237
From about.com's Rachel Edelman. Polenta is delicious comfort food that tastes great with everything from cheese to tomatoes to mushrooms.
Top Review by RuthlessWr
I've never made polenta before and this was super easy and resulted in a beautiful, light but tasty polenta. We grilled ours and it turned out to have a great lightly crisp crust and a mild flavor. Yummy!
Directions See How It's Made
- First, pour the cornmeal and 2 cups of the cold water into a large bowl. Whisk it so there are no lumps.
- Next, pour the remaining 4 cups of water and the salt into a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Now, gradually stir in the cornmeal and cold water mixture.
- Let the cornmeal and water simmer gently. Stir frequently, so there's no sticking. It will take about 30 minutes until it's very thick.
- At the end, mix in the butter.
- Butter a bowl for the polenta to cool. The polenta will take shape of the bowl after sitting for about 10 minutes.
- Once it's set, invert the polenta onto a flat plate. You can cut it into thick slices and top with tomato sauce and grated cheese.