Recipe by Warren B.
Serve with Beer Braised Pot Roast, Beer-Braised Pot Roast and Vegetables With Polenta.
- 4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2-2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups polenta or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, 2 1/2 cups of the milk, the garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper in a large, heavy saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in the polenta and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook uncovered, stirring often with a large wooden spoon, until smooth and creamy, 35 to 40 minutes, adding the additional 1/4 cup milk as needed if the mixture gets too thick.
- Add the butter and cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve immediately.