Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Italians use this a lot to pour their pasta sauce over. I made Tish's Crock pot Chicken Cacciatore today, would taste delicious with that. From my Italian Rosie.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat broth and water to boiling; slowly stir in the cornmeal, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat to very low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Dump on a greased plate, let harden.
- Slice and top with whatever you like.
- I fry hot Italian sausage, a small head of cabbage (chopped), add to the sausage pan after removing the sausage.
- Cook the cabbage until tender.
- Add a can (15oz.) Hunt’s tomato sauce (lasagna style) and a 14 oz. jar of pasta sauce, put the sausage back in the pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Pour this over slices of polenta.
We liked this recipe, just didn't 'Love It'. We found the result to be very filling. Tasty, but a bit on the heavy side. Next time I will try to 'lighten' it a bit. The texture was very consistent and the color was wonderful. Thanks for posting!