Recipe by Juenessa
From Bon Appetit, February 2007. This is a rich, aromatic (and potent) version of hot buttered rum. Yum!
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups brandy
- 8 cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in food processor.
- Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean.
- Process until blended.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in large saucepan.
- Add rum, brandy, and butter mixture; stir until butter melts.
- Ladle into mugs and garnish with cinnamon sticks.