1/1 Photo of Pol Martin-Stove Top Chicken Casserole
A great meal in one dish with ingredients that you most likely have at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken pieces (skinless with bone in)
- 3 carrots, pared and cut in half
- 2 celery ribs, diced in 1 inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 24 fresh mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 1Place chicken pieces in a saucepan. cover with water and bring to a boil. skim off foam.
- 2add carrots, celery and potatoes, parsley, basil.
- 3add salt and black pepper according to your taste.
- 4bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- 5add mushrooms, cook for 7 minutes.
- 6remove saucepan from heat, and with a slotted spoon remove, chicken and veggies, and put aside, reserve liquid.
- 7heat butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- 8lower heat, add flour, mix and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- 9add 3 cups of reserved cooking liquid to pan.
- 10stir well and cook sauce for 12 minutes over medium heat.
- 11place chicken and veggies in sauce.
- 12sprinkle with paprika and simmer for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pol Martin-Stove Top Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.9
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 204.0 mg
- Sodium 311.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 54.1 g