Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great meal in one dish with ingredients that you most likely have at home.
Make and share this Pol Martin-Stove Top Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (skinless with bone in)
- 3 carrots, pared and cut in half
- 2 celery ribs, diced in 1 inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 24 fresh mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and black pepper
- Place chicken pieces in a saucepan. cover with water and bring to a boil. skim off foam.
- add carrots, celery and potatoes, parsley, basil.
- add salt and black pepper according to your taste.
- bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- add mushrooms, cook for 7 minutes.
- remove saucepan from heat, and with a slotted spoon remove, chicken and veggies, and put aside, reserve liquid.
- heat butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- lower heat, add flour, mix and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- add 3 cups of reserved cooking liquid to pan.
- stir well and cook sauce for 12 minutes over medium heat.
- place chicken and veggies in sauce.
- sprinkle with paprika and simmer for 5 minutes.
I really liked this recipe, it was easy and the sauce was extremely tasty although I did add a tsp of chicken base to it to add a little more chicken flavor. Make sure to follow the directions as far as the cooking time..I let mine cook past the 30 minutes and potatoes and carrots broke down a little and it would have looked more rustic with them whole. I used a whole chicken that I deskinned. yummy.