Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother made this as I was growing up, and it never had a name. A friend of mine her mom called them Hedgehogs. My little guy named them Pokey balls. My whole family likes them, and are a staple around here. I hope you enjoy.
- In a large bowl mix hamburger, rice and egg.
- Get your hands in and mix well.
- Form mixture into meatball shape.
- Pour soup into a large saucepan.
- Add water.
- Heat to simmer over medium heat.
- Lower temp to low.
- Drop meatballs into soup.
- Simmer for about 30 minute.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes if you like.