This is a brownie base with a creamy fudgy chocolate topping. You get to poke your fingers in the brownies before pouring the fudge all over the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
smooth and silky fudge sauce
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 3For the brownie base: Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 4Whisk in sugar, stirring until smooth.
- 5Add flour,eggs, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- 6Spread into prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8For the Fudge Sauce:In a medium saucepan, combine the chocolate and butter. Let soften over low heat, stirring until mixture is almost blended.
- 9Whisk in sugar and half-n-half.
- 10Cook,whisking, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat to low and cook, whisking often, for 5 minutes.
- 12Remove saucepan from heat.
- 13Whisk in vanilla.
- 14Cool to room temp or until its just pourable.
- 15Remove brownies from oven.
- 16Poke holes into the base every inch or so using your finger or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- 17Immediately pour the fudge sauce over the brownie base.
- 18Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 19Refrigerate for extra fudgy flavor and texture.
- 20Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poke "n " Pour Fudge Topped Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g