Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicious cake. My grandma made it for my mother when she was a child and my mom fed it to me. Now I continue the generation by feeding it to my family. Why don't you do the same and start a new tradition in your family.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix 1 1/4 cup of chopped dates with 1 cup of hot water. Cool.
- Cream 1 cup of butter with 1 3/4 of white sugar.
- Add 2 eggs and beat well.
- Add 1 3/4 cups flour and 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Stir in date mixture and tsp of vanilla.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 15 x 10 inch pan.
- Top with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 of chopped nuts (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.