Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Bulk Herb Store. I am posting and trying it out right now. My son has some sort of rash, we think poison ivy, that is itchy. Bentonite clay or diatomaceous earth and oatmeal are good for the itch relief, the lavender is a healing herb, and the alcohol helps to dry it up. This makes about 1/4 cup, enough for 1 application, or more, if it's not spread too far.
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay (or diatomaceous earth)
- 2 tablespoons ground oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground lavender flowers
- 4 -5 tablespoons vodka (or rubbing alcohol)
- Makes sure everything is ground to a powder. Mix all together, adding enough vodka to make it into a thick paste.
- Apply generously to rash and leave on until it has dried or fallen off. Wash off gently with a wash cloth and cool water.