Recipe by Bergy
Leeks a cousin to the onion make a nice change from your regular beans and carrots.
Top Review by woodland hues
Wonderful and easy leek dish. Elegant and down to earth at the same time. I served it with one of my all time favourite sweet potato dishes #15918 - baked sweet potato fries, and halibut steaks broiled, your choice of seasonings. This is a heavenly meal. Thanks, Bergy.
- 4 medium leeks, roots removed, outer leaves & tops removed, washed clean (about 2 1/4 lbs, you should have 6-inch of each leek left)
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (approx 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut leeks diagonally into thirds and then diagonally in half to form 6 triangular pieces from each leek.
- Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Melt margarine in a heavy skillet; add leeks.
- Cook until lightly browned, stirring gently, approx 15 minutes.
- Stir in the broth cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until golden and the broth has mostly evaporated.