Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Leeks a cousin to the onion make a nice change from your regular beans and carrots.
Make and share this Poireaux Braises (Braised Leeks) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut leeks diagonally into thirds and then diagonally in half to form 6 triangular pieces from each leek.
- Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Melt margarine in a heavy skillet; add leeks.
- Cook until lightly browned, stirring gently, approx 15 minutes.
- Stir in the broth cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until golden and the broth has mostly evaporated.
Wonderful and easy leek dish. Elegant and down to earth at the same time. I served it with one of my all time favourite sweet potato dishes #15918 - baked sweet potato fries, and halibut steaks broiled, your choice of seasonings. This is a heavenly meal. Thanks, Bergy.
Once again, I've found one of Bergy's recipes that is GREAT! I subbed olive oil for the margarine and just added 1/4 cup chicken broth to the sauteed leeks before covering and simmering 5-10 min. Seasoned up with a bit of salt and pepper. What an incredibly flavorful dish! Thanks so much Bergy! I'll be keeping my eye out for your recipes. I know I can count on them to be delicious! :)
Wow! I'm a big fan of leeks and this was a wonderfully quick and flavorful way to prepare them. A nice easy dish to make on the side while your main prepares but tastes like you spent forever on them. Rather than stirring I carefully turned occasionally with tongs to hold them together which I thought made for a nice presentation.