Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this on my grocery stores (Buehler's) website and it sounds fabulous! I can't wait for the Farmer's Market and fresh veges....only a couple of months away!
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices and arrange 2 or 3 slices on individual salad plates.
- Season the slices with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the onions in a bowl, squeeze the lemon over them and marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Top the tomatoes with some of the blue cheese, marinated onions and fresh basil.
- Drizzle each plate with oil and vinegar.
Oh, just wonderful! The combination of flavors is outstanding. And this is an absolutely beautiful salad.
Five stars all the way! I used my first tomatoes (one yellow and one red) to make this dish. I loved the combination of the sweetness of the tomatoes, the bite of the red onion, the creaminess of the bleu cheese and the peppery basil. Perfect combination! Thanks so much for sharing! Made for Beverage Tag.