Recipe by Chilicat
I got this from Audrey U., a former coworker. Her mom made the BEST andagi and she was gracious enough to share this recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs, plus water to equal 1 1/3 cups of liquid
- 1 (20 ounce) bag poi
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and water, then add poi and mix well.
- Add poi mixture into dry ingredients.
- Heat 3" of oil in a pot at 300 degrees (medium heat on a gas stove).
- Drop golf ball sized portions of dough into the oil, leaving enough room for them to expand.
- fry until golden brown. Test with a bbq stick to see if it's done.