3 hrs 5 mins
The Polynesian Cultural Center has a fantastic luau. One of the best things on the menu is a taro roll (go to polynesia.com for their recipe). The rolls are divine, but I wanted to make a bread out of it for the breadmaker (less work!). I altered the proportions for the machine and dropped the food coloring. A sweet, light bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In your breadmaker, pour in water, yeast, sugar, butter, egg and poi.
- 2Next add flour.
- 3Finally, place salt on the top.
- 4Run your breadmaker as for a 2 pound loaf.
- 5This is a high riser, so expect it to just fit into a 2 pound breadmaker.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poi Bread
Serving Size: 1 (777 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2360.4
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 308.0 mg
- Sodium 783.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 412.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 101.1 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: