Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
serve with tea
- 150 g flattened rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies, slit lengthwise (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 100 g potatoes, boiled quartered and sliced very thin
- 20 cashews, nut
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- chopped coriander (to garnish)
- * Put the poha in a sieve and wash under running water for 2 minutes. Keep aside to drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Fry till the spluttering stops and then add the onion. Fry till soft and translucent.
- Add the cashews nut and potatoes and stirring frequently, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the poha completely to remove all water and add it to the above mix. Add the turmeric powder and stir well to blend all ingredients.
- Cook for another minute. Turn off the fire. Pour lime juice over the poha and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve while hot. Poha tastes great with Mint-Coriander Chutney!