Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make and share this Poertzelki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups raisins
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, add sugar and 2 cups flour. Mix and let rise about 1 hour, then add remaining flour, eggs, butter or margarine, salt, milk, and raisins. Mix. Let rise again for 1 hour.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls in hot deep fat and cook until brown on both sides. Cookie usually flips over when done on the first side. Be sure fat isn't too hot or your cookie may be raw inside when dark on the outside. Drain on paper towels. You may sprinkle with granulated or powdered sugar, if desired.