Recipe by Scarycarrie_ca
This isn't really authentic, but it's easy and very tasty. It comes from a Canadian low fat cookbook called "Crazy Plates" by sisters Janet & Greta Podleski.
Top Review by rnroma_7015001
It is excellent, easy to make and my children love it. I add boneless, skinless chicken breasts to add protein, and sub bell peppers and zucchini for the bean sprouts to satisfy my children.
- 8 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Set aside.
- To make sauce, combine ketchup, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked noodles, bean sprouts, carrot, green onions and cilantro.
- Mix well.
- Cook until noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Srpinkle individual servings with chopped peanuts.