1/2 Photos of Pockets of Lemon Cake
There's another recipe posted, but this one gives options on the filling and frosting. Also, generic brands work fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packaged white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large egg whites
FILLING(ONE OR THE OTHER)
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can lemon pie filling (can substitute next ingredient)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) instant lemon flavored pudding and pie filling, prepared (this is a substitute in place lemon pie filling)
- 1 (16 ounce) can lemon frosting or 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and lightly flour a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 2Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites. Spread batter in prepared pan. Drop pie filling by heaping teaspoonfuls evenly onto batter.
- 3Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until edges pull away from pan and top is golden brown. Cool cake in pan for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- 4Completely cool cake. Combine frosting and whipped topping in medium bowl; blend well. Spread over cake. Refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pockets of Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pie filling