Recipe by Mary K. W.
This recipe was in the Sunday paper a while back along with a coupon for Pillsbury flour. My daughter has made it and it is really good. You can also make cupcakes rather than the 13 x 9 cake.
Top Review by *Fancy*
This is one of my favorite cake recipes to make in the spring and summer. Easy to make & there's rarely a leftover piece when I bring it to a party. I will admit, I usually don't use all of the lemon filling since it can be a little too much for some. Excellent cake....even my "picky" niece & nephew love this one. Thanks Mary!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury moist supreme white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) canpillsbury creamy supreme lemon frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 13 x 9 cake pan (grease and flour) or spray with Crisco No-Stick Cooking Spray).
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Drop pie filling by heaping teaspoonfuls evenly onto batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until edges pull away from pan and top is golden brown.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In medium bowl, combine frosting and whipped topping, blending well.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Best if served chilled.
- Store loosely covered in refrigerator.