Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy cake that is moist and has a delightful streusel topping. I found this in a Pillsbury Kitchens' cookbook. My guests always enjoy it.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 453.59 g can peaches, sliced, well drained
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Generously grease the bottom only of an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, blend the ingredients for the cake EXCEPT for the peaches. Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and arrange the peach slices over the batter.
- In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm with either ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
I needed to make something for a gathering with what I had on hand. This was perfect! I reserved the peach juice and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch, serving it over the squares with vanilla icecream. Very good. Thank you for sharing.