Recipe by mums the word
An easy cake that is moist and has a delightful streusel topping. I found this in a Pillsbury Kitchens' cookbook. My guests always enjoy it.
Top Review by L DJ
I needed to make something for a gathering with what I had on hand. This was perfect! I reserved the peach juice and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch, serving it over the squares with vanilla icecream. Very good. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, sliced, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Generously grease the bottom only of an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, blend the ingredients for the cake EXCEPT for the peaches. Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and arrange the peach slices over the batter.
- In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm with either ice cream or fresh whipped cream.