Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great two course meal from one pot rather like the French "pot au feu" but with mixed meats. The recipe is from "The complete Asian Cook Book" which has wonderful recipes..
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut in serving size pieces
- 1 lb pork, cut in large cubes
- 2 chorizo sausage, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, , peeled and diced or1 small can whole tomatoes
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 bok choy, cut acrossin 2" sections
- 8 green onions, cut in 2" lengths
- Wash chick peas and soak overnight (or use a can of Garbanzo beans).
- In one pan put in the chick peas chicken, pork, chorizo and add water to cover.
- Add sliced onion, salt& peppercorns, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until meats and chick peas are almost tender.
- In another pan heat oil and fry garlic with the chopped onion on low heat, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook to a pulp.
- Add meats, stock& sweet potatoes.
- Simmer until potatoes are nearly cooked then add cabbage& green onions for the last few minutes.
- Serve broth as soup and the meats& vegetables as a separate course.
not the kind that pampango's pochero is well known for...recipe calls for burro bananas