10 hrs 30 mins
Fresh poblano peppers are pretty mild in flavor but are delicious. This is an uncomplicated stew recipe that can cook all day in your slow-cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb whole tiny new potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro or 1/4 cup parsley
- hot cooked rice
- 1In a big skillet, brown the pork in hot oil (do this in batches if necessary); drain well.
- 2Add the potatoes, onions, poblano peppers, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and stick cinnamon to a 4 quart slow-cooker.
- 3Add the meat.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, and black pepper; pour over ingredients in the slow-cooker.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- 6Discard cinnamon stick.
- 7Add in cilantro; stir.
- 8Adjust seasoning to taste, if necessary.
- 9Add hot cooked rice to individual soup bowls; ladle hot stew over rice; serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poblano Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 466.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.9 g