1/2 Photos of Poblano Pepper Sloppy Joes
Erv Kosch's Note:
I love this low calorie sloppy joes. While your making this check the heat in your pepper. If your pepper is too hot for your taste then cut the poblano pepper in half and substitute the rest with a small green pepper. Don't substitute canned corn; you need the firmness and full flavor of frozen corn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 poblano pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 red potatoes (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (ground)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 whole grain buns
- 1In a dutch oven or 12" heavy skillet put in your oil and set your stove to medium-low heat.
- 2Add the Red Skin Potatoes. Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally. You want the potatoes warm and slightly softened.
- 3Put in the rest of the vegetables and the salt and cook for 5-10 minutes or until most of moisture has cooked out of the corn. This should be a gentle cooking time so reduce heat to were you just hear the sizzle.
- 4Add the rest of the spices and let it cook for just a minute or two more to help integrate the flavors. If you don't have a Dried Chipotle Powder mix try the Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (Southwest Chipotle Seasoning) found on RecipeZaar.
- 5Remove the vegetables and set aside. Remember they're hot, so use an appropriate storage vessel.
- 6Brown the meat and drain off any fat or extra juice and discard the liquid.
- 7Bring back the vegetables to the pan and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 8Cook for 10-15 covered or until the potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poblano Pepper Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 394.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain buns